Thursday, June 25, 2009

Saying Goodbye

We said goodbye to Daddy this week. He started his trek back to Iraq, this time, hopefully, for only 6 months. It is very hard for Lily and I to let him go, and if we had any say, I am not sure we would have. Lily asks for her Daddy, and when I tell her that he went bye-bye she responds with "home." I know how much she wants him at home. I believe he is her best friend and most fun playmate. She loves him so much.
I have to say though, that I have the best friends in the world. The day after he left I got an email from a good friend informing me she would be at my house the first wednesday of every month to watch Lily so I can go to mutual. And this is a mom with 3 boys under 5 at home. I am also sitting at home here with the world's best mother-in-law who will watch Lily so I can get work around the house done, as well as do fun things. She had Lily for a whole day so mike and I could make it to the temple before he left, and she took Lily again for a whole day so I could go visit the YW at girls' camp. She is sensitive to how I am feeling and sincerely just wants to make my life easier. So, I ask you, how can you be sad when you are surrounded by so many blessings?

1 comment:

ABranch said...

*hug* I am sorry you are sad. It makes me miss Mike too. I am glad you are surrounded by such great people. *hug*